Today marks the 1-year anniversary of the Charisse Says platform. Woot Woot! I could not have made it thus far without your continued interest in reading my newsletters, watching the Charisse Says show, leaving comments on my blog, and feedback to always make the platform better. More importantly, I am confident that in these last 365 days, you took one action to improve your money situation, albeit investing boldly or taking action in some other way. Our 1-year anniversary couldn’t have come at a better time – right on the heels of Father’s Day. Shout out to all the Dads out there and I hope your loved ones treated you kindly. My father, Frank Conanan, is one-of-a-kind and I would be remiss if I didn’t share one piece of money advice he gave me. He said “Charisse, never let your head get too big from financial success that you forget about where you came from.”
I know, wise right? [Thanks, Daddy!]
Over the years, my father’s wisdom has meant a few things to me:
- When you have financial successes, remember what it is was like without it
- Continue to diligently evaluate your financial opportunities
- Others around you might not be in the same boat, so share what you have with them
I hope this advice is as helpful to you as it’s been to me. Onward!
Celebrating the 1-Year
In order to celebrate the one-year in true Charisse fashion, I am going to send my Top 10 Investing Philosophies from the past year next week. Yes, a wrap-up of all things I’ve tried to share over the past year all in one place. If you’re learned anything from me, please let me know what you’re favorite investing tip has been.
The Past Week
If you missed out on any of the big financial news this past week, here’s a few pieces that have might have implications for you:
- Brexit – The Brits are pushing in favor of leaving the EU. And, stocks are all over the place on the news. Pay attention? Yes, but this won’t effect your individual holdings much.
- Marisa Mayer in Trouble – Yup, the Yahoo CEO was caught out there making side deals. Are you a Yahoo investor, or does your 401k hold a competitor to Yahoo? Pay attention.
- Warriors Lose – I am a Warriors fan and it pained me to see them fall to the Cavs. I now must ask myself, will Nike or Under Armour benefit? Remember when we talked about the effect that Steph Curry has on Under Armour’s stock price.
Feel Free to Join Me
This Saturday, June 25th, I will be speaking on the topic of making your money work for you through investing at Conversation Magazine's The Investments Brunch in Chicago. If you’re in town, I’d love for you to join me.